Parking on Fort Myers Beach
Pay Parking Tickets
To pay parking violations online click HERE.
Note: There is a non-refundable transaction fee of $3.50. This fee is charged by the financial service provider. The Town of Fort Myers Beach does not receive any part of this fee nor is your credit card information stored in our database. The description on your credit card billing statement will be remit-online. To avoid the convenience fee, you may call (239) 463-5888 to pay over the phone or by mail. Business hours (Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
To contest a violation:
To contest a violation or for payment information call (239) 463-5888. If you wish to contest a violation, you must do so within 10 business days. An administrative fee of $175.00 may be added to the fine by Special Magistrate. If you fail to pay the fine in the allotted time or fail to appear to contest the violation, the right to contest the violation will be deemed waived and the Town will have the right to seen an order up to the maximum civil penalty.
On April 1st, 2015, Beach and Street Enforcement moved to Town Hall at 2525 Estero Blvd. Fort Myers Beach, Florida 33931. All parking tickets can be paid over the phone or in person at Town Hall. Staff is working to provide an online payment option for parking tickets. For further information or to pay by phone, please call (239) 463-5888.
Registration HoldsThe Town of Fort Myers Beach will be implementing registration holds on anyone with three (3) outstanding parking violations or one (1) outstanding handicap violation in mid-August. The process for those whom have received a parking ticket is described below.
Town of Fort Myers Beach parking violation process:
- A parking violation is issued and must be paid within 3 business days; after 4 to 10 business days, there is an increase in the fine; and after 10 business days a final increase in the fine is assessed.
- After a month of being delinquent, a courtesy letter/reminder is sent to the registered vehicle owner.
- After the second month of delinquency, a second courtesy letter/reminder is sent to the registered vehicle owner.
- Beginning August 15, 2017 pursuant to Section 316.1967 (payment of parking violations) the Town will be implementing the Florida State Department of Motor Vehicles registration “hold” process, which places a hold on vehicle registrations for three (3) outstanding parking violations or one (1) outstanding handicap violation. The hold will remain in place until the fine is paid in full at Town Hall and proof is given so that the hold can be removed. No additional fee is assessed by the Department of Motor Vehicles to clear a vehicle registration hold.
The best way to avoid getting a parking ticket is to be aware of where you park (make sure you are legally parked) and read the instructions on the paystation or meter. Should you have any questions or problems, you may contact B.A.S.E. at (239) 463-5888 during business hours 9:00AM-9:00PM seven days a week; this number is also provided on each paystation and parking meter.
365 Day Parking Enforcement
Meters are monitored 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, seven days a week including all Holidays. B.A.S.E. personnel look for expired time limits, overtime parking, and parking violations (i.e. parking in the wrong direction).
Short Term Parking
Short term parking, or metered parking, is located on Old San Carlos Blvd., Estero Blvd., Center St., and Fifth St.
These metered spaces have a two-hour time limit and cost $2 per hour.
Long Term Parking
Long Term parking is available on all beach access streets and in the lot under the Matanzas Pass Bridge. The cost is $2 per hour, and there is no time limit.
The Town of Fort Myers Beach has recently implemented 10 new pay stations at the following locations: Newton Park, Connecticut Street Beach Access, Palm Avenue Beach Access, Old San Carlos and under Matanzas Pass Bridge. These new pay-by-space pay stations allow visitors to park, take note of what parking space they are in, pay at the pay station and go directly to the beach without returning to display their ticket in their car. Soon the Town will introduce an app for smartphone users to add more time to their space directly from their phone! Check back at a later date for when the app will be introduced!
(Please note: Lynn Hall Memorial Park near Fort Myers Beach Pier is owned and maintained by Lee County and payment at this paystation will not constitute payment for a Town of Fort Myers Beach parking space.)
- On the sidewalk
- In the wrong direction (against the flow of traffic)
- In a handicapped space without a valid permit
- In a fire lane
- In areas officially marked as prohibited
- In any space not designated as a parking space
- On any street or road not designated as a parking space
Dogs on the Beach
Clean UpPet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Disposable bags are available at some of the beach accesses for your convenience. Help keep our beaches clean and beautiful!
Business Owner Parking Permit
Mooring Field Parking Permit