Any plans requested to be printed at the Town will now be charged a copy fee.
IWorQ systems, a web based program, allows contractors and owners to obtain permit information online
- All users (contractors or owners) will be required to create a login account (register here). Upon creating an account, you may use the same user name and password for future applications.
- Once logged in, click on “enter request”. Complete the appropriate fields, upload drawings and hit submit. Once staff approves the request, you will receive an email from permitting with the permit number and link to follow the status of your permit.
- Once you obtain your login information, use this link to SUBMIT applications.
- For information regarding the status of your application or permit, use this link: PERMIT PORTAL.
- For information regarding the status of your zoning or development services application, use this link: PROJECT PORTAL.
Building Inspection Information
To schedule inspections online or over the phone, an access code is required. Once you obtain your access code you may use that for all future permits. The access code should be obtained by the contractor or owner from the Permitting Department at the time of permit pick up or by calling 239-765-0202. Schedule inspections online or call 888-991-5867.
If an inspection is requested before 4:00pm, the inspector should be on site the following work day.
Pursuant to the owner-builder exemption, Section 489.1.3(1), Fla. Stats., the owner/builder must pick up their permits at the Town of Fort Myers Beach permitting office.
Florida Building Code Changes Effective December 31, 2017
To view the current draft of the Florida Building Code 6th edition, please click HERE or go to floridabuilding.org and click on Florida Building Code>Draft-6th Edition (2017) FBC.
To see the summary code comparison between the Florida Building Code 5th and 6th Editions, please click HERE
Jack McStravicBuilding OfficialPhone: 239-284-0446
Andrew GarryPermitting TechnicianPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1302
Ilen Exposito LopezPermitting TechnicianPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1305
Kendra RosaZoning Technician & Permitting AnalystPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1311