Hurricane & Emergency Preparedness
Hurricanes and other catastrophic events have the potential to cause significant widespread damage to the Town. Citizens can do their part to individually prepare for the impact of a hurricane or other emergency before the crisis occurs.
Six ways to receive up to the minute information during hurricanes and other emergencies
- Sign up NOW to receive alerts from the Lee County Emergency Operations Center
- Sign up NOW for alerts from the Town of Fort Myers Beach Code Red system
- Sign up NOW to receive text and/or email alerts as they are posted on the Town of Fort Myers Beach website homepage
- Monitor the Town's Facebook and Twitter social media outlets
- Monitor local media and their social media outlets
- Monitor the social media outlets of Lee County and the Fort Myers Beach Fire District
Publications to help yourself get prepared
- Lee County All Hazards Guide
- Fort Myers Beach Fire District emergency preparedness guide
- Town of Fort Myers Beach emergency preparedness plan
Hurricane Re-Entry Passes ARE NOT BEING ISSUED IN THE AFTERMATH OF HURRICANE IAN.THERE WILL BE A WAY TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE TOWN ONCE RE-ENTRY IS PERMITTED. WATCH THIS WEBSITE AND THE TOWN'S SOCIAL MEDIA FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THAT PROCESS.
Emergency Notification System
The Town uses the CODE RED notification system to warn residents, business owners, and property owners of emergencies, like hurricane evacuations or boil water notices. Emergency notifications will be sent three different ways: via a recorded message to a phone line, a text message to a cell phone, and/or a message to an email address. Residents, business owners, and property owners are encouraged to sign up with a home phone number, a cell phone number, and/or an email address.
To sign up for the emergency notification system, use the following link to fill out the registration form.
Download the CODE RED Mobile Alert App: http://ecnetwork.com/mobile/getitnow.html
To be taken off the CODE RED list, use the following link http://ecnetwork.com/mobile/getitnow.html
If you need assistance to sign up, call Town Hall at 239-765-0202.